Saturday, April 2, 2011

Big C's Wrestlemania 27 Preview

Well folks, it's that time of year again. Wrestlemania is upon us once again! As always, I'm very exited for the biggest wrestling show of the year. This year's show should be a good one. There are parts of the show that I'm less than enthused about, but for the most part I'm thrilled with the card! This year's card has been amplified big time by the return of...........THE ROCK!
Yes ladies and gentlemen, in case you havn't been watching, The Rock has returned as the Special Guest Host for Wrestlemania. His presence on the show has made the event seem that much bigger. People are already talking about what the level of his involvement will be. There is a fare bit of anticipation that he will get involved in the main event, which I will touch on later.
Match # 1: Sheamus(C) vs Daniel Bryan - U.S. Championship Match
This match is a potential show stealer in my opinion. If they are given the proper amount of time, I believe these 2 could tear the house down. This is Bryan's 1st 'mania appearance, and I expect him to want impress. I don't expect Steamboat vs Savage, but it should be a solid contest for the U.S. Title.
Prediction: I think Sheamus will win the match, but Bryan will be the winner in the long run. I predict a good push for him after a solid 'mania performance.

Match # 2: Jerry "The King" Lawler vs Michael Cole w/Jack Swagger - "Stone Cold" Steve Austin as Guest Ref.
Now on paper, a match between 2 announcers sounds awful, but the build up for this match has been done so well, I'm actually looking forward to this one! I'm certainly not expecting a 5-star classic, but it should be fairly entertaining anyway. The involvement of Stone Cold definitley helps. Expect more than a few stunners in this one!
Prediction: The King will definitely go over in this one. Likely with the help of Stone Cold, and J.R.

Match # 3: Rey Mysterio vs "Dashing" Cody Rhodes

Again, I thought the build up for this match was incredible! The involvement from the "American Dream" Dusty Rhodes definitely added to build, and the face injury angle has been well sold by Cody. Mysterio apparently hand picked Rhodes to work with this year, so they should be able to pull off a great match!
Prediction: I'm going to pick Cody Rhodes to go over. He was hand picked by Mysterio, and I think Rey's career might be winding down. Either way, I'm really looking forward to this contest.

Match #4: Big Show/Kane/Santino/Kozlov vs The Corre

So this will be when I take my first bathroom break! I have 0 intrest in this match. This is just a way to get Big Show and Kane on the card. It is disapointing that they took the Money In The Bank Match off the card this year, and have a brutal match like this on the card.
Prediction: I bet the Corre will steal a victory somehow, but really, we're all gonna be losers for having to sit through it!

Match # 5: John Morrison/Trish Stratus/Snooki vs Dolph Ziggler/Laycool w/Vicki Guerrero

I'm pretty disappointed to see Morrison and Ziggler involved in this nonsense! I realize celebrity involvement is a big part of Wrestlemania's history, but c'mon! Snooki?  This is a train wreck waiting to happen! Again, it's a real shame that there is no MITB match this year where guys like Morrison, and Ziggler could shine.
Prediction: Team Snooki wins, and Vicki gets embarrassed! Next!

Match #6: Randy Orton vs CM Punk

As a CM Punk fan, I'm happy he has a farely high profile match at 'mania, but I think this was just a thrown together feud to get both of these guys on the card. The whole feud has been a total snoozefest! betwean Randy Orton's boaring promos, and poor acting, and the whole "New Nexus" stable being a total bust, they have killed any anticipation I might have had for this match. All that said, the match itself could still be alright. Punk is one of the finest workers they have, and Orton is still capable of a decent match.
Prediction: Unfortunately I have to go with Orton here. I don't see him wanting to put Punk over at 'mania, so it's going to be him getting his arm raised in the middle of the ring.

Match # 7: Edge(C) w/Christian vs Alberto Del Rio w/Brodus Clay - World Heavyweight Title Match

I'm very much looking forward to this one! It's nice to see a new star in a major 'mania match. I enjoy Del Rio, and think he's a great heel! I'm happy they decided not to make this a triple threat match with Christian involved(Sorry Sal). I'm a big Christian fan, but as the Royal Rumble winner, Del Rio deserves a one on one contest for the Title. This should be a good bout for the World Title.
Prediction: I predict Del Rio wins his forst World Title. I have a fealing that Christian is going to cost Edge the title, leading to one last feud betwean the 2.

Match # 8: Undertaker vs HHH - No Holds Barred

On an average show, I wouldn't be exited for this match at all, but on the grand stage of Wrestlemania I'm very exited! I think both of these guys are gonna bring everything they got for this one, knowing they can have as much time off after as they want. HHH is likely the only one brave enough to try and follow 2 classic bouts against Shawn Michaels. I doubt this will compare to those matches, but I expect this to be a great match anyway.
Prediction: No way the Undertaker's streak ends! Undertaker will go over, but i wouldn't be surprized if both men needed  to be helped out of the arena.

Match #9: The Miz(C) vs John Cena - WWE Title Match

I have really enjoyed The Miz's run as WWE Champion so far. I think he has truely established himself as the top heal in the business. I think he has truely proved he belong in this angle involving himself, John Cena, and The Rock. I would've been easy for him to be over shadowed by the 2 iconic figures, but he hasn't been. I really think this is a Wrestlemania worthy main event!
Prediction: I predict Cena goes over with the help of The Rock. I think this years 'mania moment will be Rock, and Cena closing the show with a toast. It'll be a passing of the torch moment. It might even involve Steve Austin aswell. Even with a loss, I think the Miz will stay the top heel in the company.

No comments:

Post a Comment