Saturday, September 25, 2010

Sharp Shootin' Review Of "Breaking The Code: Behind The Walls Of Chris Jericho" DVD Set

First thing I'll say is...........FINALLY!
I've wished for many years for them(WWE) to put out a dvd set for Jericho. I suppose the timing works well with it capping off his second run with WWE. It's a three disc set, with the first disc being biographical, and the next two being matches. Having read Jericho's first book(A Lion's Tale), I didn't learn a whole bunch, but the biography was well done. It covers his whole prefessional career, from The Hart Brothers Wrestling School, all the way through his WWE career. I like that they spend a fare bit of time covering what an international star he was before he was succesful in North America. He covers his time in Mexico, Japan, Germany, Smokey Mountain Wrestling, Canada, etc., explaining what he learned along the way.  It also chronicals his time through ECW, WCW, and on to WWE.  I lost a little bit of interest when we get to point when he took his two year hiatus. It talks about Fozzy and other opportunities he explored while away. Sorry, I was just a little more interested in the wrestling career. However, it picks up at the end when it talks about his comeback, and his career renaissance.

The collection of matches is outstanding! From his first match against Lance Storm in Alberta, to his Wrestlemania 26 match against Edge, it contains 19 very good matches hand picked by Jericho himself.  Highlights for me personally would be, vs Ultimo Dragon from 1995, vs Cactus Jack ECW 1996, vs Eddy Guerrero WCW 1997, and vs Shawn Michaels in a Ladder Match WWE 2008. For me it offers some matches I've never seen before, some I needed for my collection, and some I just hadn't seen in a long time.

This is a fantastic set! A must have for any fan. I may be biast because Chris Jericho is one of my all time favorites, but I think this is one of the better dvd sets the WWE has put out. Jericho is so natural, and entertaing in everything he does, and this set is no exception.

My rating: CCCC
                   (4 out of 5)

No comments:

Post a Comment