Sunday, April 24, 2011

Sharp Shootin Weekly

It's time for an Easter edition of Sharp Shootin Weekly. I hope you're all having a great holiday weekend. Things are slowing down a little bit post 'mania, but there are a few things going on for me to comment on.

The Annual WWE Draft This Monday
-The WWE holds it's annual draft tomorrow night on Raw. I expect them to shake things up drastcily. With Edge's sudden retirement, and the Undertaker appearing so infrequently, Smackdown is left without many Main Event stars. The draft is always an interesting way to shake things up. My main hope is that it helps elevate some of the young star(ie. Morrison, Rhodes, Bryan, Ziggler, etc). Either way, I'm definitely going to be tuning in to see what happens!

TNA Releases Jay Lethal
-Another prime example that TNA is brutal! Lethal has been one of the company's main stays in the X-Division for the last few years, and one of their most entertaining young stars on the roster.I loved the Black Machismo gimmick, and just a few months ago he had a good feud with Ric Flair. To me, this is just another example that they have no idea what they're doing! I hope that he ends up with the WWE very soon. In fact, TNA should fire Samoa Joe, AJ Styles, MCMG, and all their young and talented workers!




New WWE Tag Team Champions
-Kane and the Big Show won the WWE Tag Team Titles on Smackdown this week. This further proves how lame the tag team division is in the WWE right now. The only good thing about it, is maybe now they will disolve the Corre. It just makes me think how so many guys broke in as tag wrestlers and worked for years before breaking off and having singles success(Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, Edge, Christian, J.Hardy, etc). They had a fine tag team like the Hart Dyanasty, that they broke up just when they were gettung going, and now neither of them have been seen on tv in months! Before that, Miz & Morrison was the last good tag team they had. I am a big fan of tag team wrestling, and I wish they would put a little more focus on having the tag titles mean something.

Bret Hart Documentary To Air Sunday Night!
-This Sunday night(Apr 24), the Bret Hart Documentary titled, "Bret Hart: Survival Of The Hitman", will air on the Fight Network. As I'm sure you've figured out by now, I'm a huge Bret Hart fan. If you're a fan aswell, i definitely recomend checking this out!




If you have any questions or comments, please send them to sharpshootin@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment