Saturday, December 25, 2010

Big C's Weekly Thoughts

I'm going to make this kinda my weekly forum on here to let you know my feelings about what's going on in the world of wrestling. I thought it would be cool, especially this time of year heading into Wrestlemania season.
This week started off very well! As I previously posted, I thought it was a great ppv. The highlight for me was John Morrison vs Sheamus. I thought they tore the house down! There's already talk that this is the match that made Morrison a star. Either way, it has me exited going into the Royal Rumble for Miz vs Morrison. Aside from Cena vs Barrett, I enjoyed the entire ppv. My mood going forward after the event was very positive!
Monday Night Raw didn't start off all that well! I thought the opening segment by The Miz & Co, was very week. It ended up being a decent build to the main event, but it was pretty dgagged out! No Nexus! It was awesome not having them on the show. I hope they pull the plug on the whole angle(they won't). It was good to see Daniel Bryan vs William Regal in a short match. I would like to see these two have a longer tv match, or even a ppv match. Not often you see a really good match where neither wrestler touches the ropes! No dives, no huge bumps, just solid wrestling, and story telling! I have to admit, even I was entertained by the John Cena/Vickie Guerrero bit in the ring. Man, she gets heat! Cena vs Ziggler was entertaining. I like Ziggler quit a bit. I was surprized, and exited to see CM Punk attack Cena! This could be an amazing feud, and I hope it helps elevate Punk even futher up the card. It had a decent main event. I don't need to see The King wrestler every week, but it was nice to see Morrison in the main event. I enjoy both Sheamus and The Miz alot, All, and all it was a solid episode of Raw. A couple of complaints though. #1 Santino Morrella! Again, I think he would be best suited in a role where he didn't compete in the ring. I think he could be almost like a modern day Bobby Heenan(high praise, I know!). His whole match on Monday was lame, which leads me to #2; The Ted Dibiase/Maryse relationship. This relationship has caused both of them to descend down the card rapidly! At one one point not that long ago, Maryse was the top female heal in the company, and Ted Dibiase was considered the hotest young star in the company. They need to regroup with both of them!
Mood after show: even more positive!
I cought a bit of Impact on Thursday. I don't think there is even anything worth talking about. TNA has a roster that I wish I enjoyed watching! Too many gimmick matches, and terrible writing makes it farely impossible for me to sit through. I would like one day to sit down and do an entire rant on TNA, because I could go off in a big way about all that I don't like about their product!
I wasn't able to catch Smackdown, so I don't have much to about it. The week ended on a negitive in my mind when the WWE released Kaval(Low Ki). I think this was a mistake, and is extremely disapointing! Kaval was the wrestler I enjoyed the most on Smackdown(atleast until Christian comes back). They've assembled an entertaining under card on Smackdown(Del Rio, Ziggler, Rhodes, Kofi, Swagger, etc), while their main event is pretty stale(Edge, Kane, etc). I am much more likely to set my dial for Raw Forsure.
Mood at the end of the week: still very positive. Kaval wasn't involved in any major angle anyway. It's disapointing forsure, but there's still a whole lot I'm looking forward to going forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment