Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Big C's Royal Rumble Predictions

Well folks, the time is near! The Royal Rumble is this Sunday, and if you've been following on here you'll know that it is my favorite PPV of the year. It usually sets the tone for how exited I get for Wrestlemania aswell. For the folks who don't watch a lot of wrestling, I'll go over the premise of the Rumble PPV. The main event is usually a 30 man over the top rope match(this year it's 40), where the winner gets a World Title match at Wrestlemania. This is really the kick off to the hot season for wrestling!
Now for my predictions:
Natalya vs Laycool - Diva's Title Match
Winner: Laycool
 I have a feeling that Natty's title run is coming to end. I think WWE is going to want Laycool in a promenent position heading into Wrestlemania. I've enjoyed her title, cus I think she's the best in-ring worker in the diva's division right now. I would love to a Natalya vs Beth Phoenix Wrestlemania match.
Edge vs Dolph Ziggler - World Heavyweight Title Match
Winner: Edge
Unfortunately there's no chance Ziggler will win the belt. Atleast not yet. I'm a big fan of Ziggler's, but he's just not ready to be a main eventer yet. It's a shame. I'm sick of Edge, and wouldn't mind seeing someone else main event 'Mania, but I can't see them puting that much faith in Ziggler yet.
The Miz vs Randy Orton - WWE Heavyweight Title
Winner: The Miz
I don't see this title changing hands either. I think The Miz will be the champion heading into Wrestlemania. I heard rumors of Orton taking some time off, so maybe they will have an angle to write him out for a while. I doubt he'll be gone long, cus he's not likely going to want to miss Wrestlemania.
The Royal Rumble Match
Winner: John Morrison
I was not exactly enthused when I heard they were making it a 40 man Royal Rumble this year, but it really dosn't matter too much. I'm still very much looking forward to Sunday. They have done a great job of keeping me guesing this year. There are 4-5 guys that I think have a legit shot at winning it this year. Alberto Del Rio winning wouldn't shock me, but I think a returning Christian may foil his plans, and start a program. Cm Punk, Wade Barrett, John Cena, none of them would be a shock either. I think we'll see the return of HHH in the Rumble, and I think he'll make an impact. I think the Undertaker will also make an apperance, possibly to start a program with Wade Barrett. Maybe it's just wishfull thinking on my part, but I think Morrison makes the most sense. They've been building him up for a while now, and they're in desperate need of new stars. A Rumble win would solidify him at the top of the card. Him and Miz already have a storried feud, and are capable of delivering a memerable match.

No comments:

Post a Comment