Saturday, January 22, 2011

Big C's Weekly Thoughts

It's that time of week again folks. Sorry I missed last week, but I had a busy weekend. The Royal Rumble is one week from tomorrow, and my exitement is growing with every day! I am not exactly thrilled that they have made it a 40-man Rumble this year. I don't really like when they mess with tradition, especially when it comes to the Rumble. This is the one sure thing they have that I will enjoy, almost no matter what. Still, I'm very exited for the festivities. I've touched on it before, but every year for the Rumble I head to my good friend Curtis's place to watch it. We draw numbers, with a small wager. I'm yet to win, but I'm hoping to get my name on the Anderson Cup(jar) for the first time this year!
I thought Raw this past Monday was incredible! It had good wrestling! That's all I need. I thought Daniel Bryan vs John Morrison was great, and Dolph Ziggler vs Randy Orton was a solid match aswell. John Cena vs CM Punk was a very solid main event too. I really hope that they keep this feud heading into Wrestlemania. They sorta teased a Miz/Cena feud, which is fine, but I just wanna see Punk get the push he diserves.
Smackdown on the other hand let me down. I thought last week's was a great show, but this week's was so-so at best. I thoughtt the whole "who don it?" angle on Teddy Long was lame. It's been done so many times, and it just took away from other important matches on the show(Del Rio vs R-Truth).  Also, The Corre? Really? That's the best name you can come up with? I wonder who allowed Heath Slater to hae a mic! Wow, what a train wreck of a stable! Then there is the Drew McCentyre/Kelly Kelly storyline. These 2 are less natural than Dibiase and Maryse! There was not much on the show I did like, other than I enjoyed Cody Rhodes vs Rey Mysterio. I enjoy Rhodes, and I think he is due for an IC title run soon.
Stay tuned. Later tonight I will post my predictions for the Royal Rumble.

No comments:

Post a Comment