Sunday, January 2, 2011

Big C's Weekly Thoughts

Another good week in the wild world of wrestling! No PPV this week, so I will start with my thoughts on Raw. The more I think about it, the more optimistic I am about CM Punk leading Nexus. I think Punk will kinda take over for Jericho as the guy who can save all the faied angles. Atleast with Punk they have an established vetern to follow. I am still very much looking forward to see how this feud plays out. I think it's an interesting twist in the Miz vs Morrison feud by having them battle at next week's Raw. I just assumed this match would take place at the Royal Rumble. This helps my theory of Morrison winning the Royal Rumble, and facing The Miz at Wrestlemania. One can hope anyway(I wouldn't bet money on anyone other than HHH, Orton, or Cena)! Do you remember this time last year, when their was talk of feuding Ted Dibiase vs Randy Orton? It seemed as though Dibiase was lock to be groomed as a future main eventer. My, how things can change in a year! He jobbed this week to Santino Morella on Raw! I dunno if this is headed somewhere, but it has to be frustrating for a guy who was on his way up to hit the absolute bottom of the latter! Also, I'm not sure why they would have Tyson Kidd job to Mark Henry after he clames he's coming after the US Title! He just had a major change in his character, so he needs wins! Remeber years ago, when they broke up tag teams to further careers, and make stars? All things considered, it was a good Raw. I still have heavy interest in the major angles, and am very much looking forward to next week's show.
I actually caught most of Impact this week. What a load of crap! Again, I could go off all day about what buggs me about TNA, but that rant will come I promise! Most of the show was bassed on wheather or not a guy should wrestle with the head injuries he's had. I'm not huge on censoring, but this may not be the smartest subject to build an angle around. Is anyone in that company familiar with the story of a guy named CHRIS BENOIT?? The rest of the show was filled with nonsense. Eric Young & Orlando Jordan are horible! They're trying for a Booker T/Goldust esque odd couple team, and they just don't have the chemistry! The whole Double J MMA challenge bit has run it's course. I get it, you're building to a match with Kurt Angle. Everytime I watch an episode of Impact, I am less likely to buy a TNA PPV! I think they need to shake up the management/creative regime again!
I was able to watch Smackdown this week, and I am glad I did! It was a solid show from top to bottom. Dolph Ziggler is a main event talent! The guy has gone from being a cheerleader, to the guy who likes to shake hands, to being in a thrown together relationship with Vickie Guerrero, and he still manages to shine! He's got it all(look, ability, charisma, etc), and I think it's only a matter of time until he's elevated up the card. I am really enjoying the 3-way feud for the Intercontenental Title. 3 young stars competing for the chance to be the champion is what that title should be about! It was nice to see that match as the main event. I'm not sure how I feal about the Cody Rhodes vs Big Show feud. I'm happy to see Rhodes battle someone as established as the Big Show, but I see this heading to Show squashing Cody on tv next week. Hopefully their will be some kind of pay off for Cody.  The Edge/Mysterio vs Kane/Del Rio tag match was solid. I am very sick of the Edge vs Kane feud already, so I'm for a new direction soon. Smackdown is a little bit remimiscend of WCW in its prime. A tired main event, but a very good undercard. Overall though, this was a very enjoyable show. A good week for WWE programing all around!

No comments:

Post a Comment