Saturday, January 8, 2011

Big C's Weekly Thoughts

Sorry for the lack of posts this week folks. I've been away on busisness. Fortunately I had the chance to catch both Raw, and Smackdown though. I'm glad I did! It was a good week of WWE action. I missed Impact this week, but it's not something I'm too woried about. I had a look today at the line up for TNA's ppv tomorrow night, and it looks awful!
Raw started off the year with a bang! The opening match saw The Miz face John Morrison in a falls count anywhere match, which was spectacular! I had high hopes for this one, and it didn't disappoint. These 2 have incredible chemistry, and I hope it leads to more between the 2 of them. If you've read previous posts on here, you'll know that these are two of my favorites currently on the roster, and that I'm hopeful that they both get big pushes in 2011. Seeing Alberto Del Rio on Raw bothers me a little bit, only because I don't see the use of a brand extension if they're not exclusive to their brand! That being said, I thought he had a really good match with R-Truth. It's obvious that they have big plans for Del Rio heading forward. The triple threat cage match main event I thought was entertaining aswell. I thought the interferance by CM Punk came across well, and a good win for Orton. At least I know now it won't be Orton winning the Royal Rumble! It was a very entertaining show as the first Raw of 2011!
I thought this weeks episode of Smackdown was the best one I've seen in a long time! The opening match between Edge and Kane was fine. The sooner this feud ends the better in my opinion. This has gone stale in a big way. A 4-star match between Kofi and Dolph Ziggler was the highlight for me! Dolph Ziggler sells better than anybody currently working for WWE! Good things are gonna happen for both of these guys in the near future. Aparently not so distant into the future for Dolph! It was a pleasant surprise to see Dolph added to the #1 Contender Match. I realize getting a World title shot at the Royal Rumble isn't like getting one at Wrestlemania, but still, Dolph vs Edge is a match i'm looking forward to! Dolph has got everything he needs to succeed in the main event. I also thought the Rey Mysterio vs Alberto Del Rio 2 out of 3 falls match main event was a great end to their feud. Mysterio still looks strong, but Del Rio keeps shooting up the card.
It was nice to have 2 shows this week that feature young, new stars in feature roles. It's a lot more fun to talk about Miz, Morrison, Punk, Ziggler, Kofi, Del Rio, etc, than it is to talk about Cena, Orton, HHH, Edge, Kane, etc. There is still 3 shows each before the Royal Rumble, so I hope they keep the great momentum going!

No comments:

Post a Comment