Friday, January 28, 2011

Big C's Weekly Thoughts

Well folks, it's only two days until the Royal Rumble! My favorite day of the entire year! Anticipation has been building for me all week. It started with a solid episode of Raw. I thought last week's episode was a little stronger, but I thought it still kept the momentum strong heading into the Rumble.

My only beef with Raw this week was the booking. I don't like the idea of having the WWE Champion vs the World Champion on a free TV program. The match itself was entertaining, but I think it's silly to have them wrestle for free when that could possibly be a big draw for the company someday. I also thought the Cena/Nexus/Corre(worst stable name ever!) main event was lame! This angle just won't die! I was really hoping this was just going to be a Cena vs Punk feud. Again, I'm really not sure why they even bother with a brand extension anymore. On the plus side, not even Mark Henry could ruin a good tag team match betwean Henry & John Morrison vs Sheamus & Alberto Del Rio. I also really enjoyed the match betwean Melina and Natalya for the Divas Title. Yes, you read that right! I can't stand Melina, but the match had a great finish where Natalya bends Melina right in half with the Sharpshooter! I'm not sure how I feel about the "romantic angle" betwean Daniel Bryan and Gail Kim, but as long as it gets them both more TV time I'm all for it. Like I said, I thought last week's episode was better, but I still enjoyed this week's for the most part.

I caught about half of TNA's Impact this week. I won't spend much time talking about it because it's not worth my time! The show was headlined by Matt Hardy vs Mr. Anderson(Ken Kennedy), and had the return of Scott Steiner. Enough said!
Yes folks, this guy was in the main event! Samoa Joe, D'Angello Dinero, Desmond Wolfe, etc. are basically inactive, while this joker gets a main event match. You tell me what's wrong with TNA?

On a more positive note, I heard some very good news today!

Stone Cold Steve Austin is returning to the WWE! It's just too bad it's to host Tough Enough. I may actually have to watch it now. Stone Cold should be entertaining anyway. At least it's better than Al Snow!

I'm currently watching Smackdown as I finish off my entry here. So far, it has been a good episode. There hasn't been anything major happen, but I think they're doing a pretty good job in hyping the Royal Rumble. I think Teddy Long "who done it?" angle is very lame, but so far it's only been mentioned once.


Remember folks, Sunday night on PPV, it's the Royal Rumble! This is always my favorite wrestling event of the year. I usually enjoy it even more than Wrestlemania!  I will be heading to my man CA's house with hopes of winning the annual draw for the first time. I will have a full report on my thoughts as soon as I can.


No comments:

Post a Comment